Summary of the Role
In search of a capable, motivated Application Systems Engineer to assist team in configuration and maintenance 80+ Client installed applications. This position will be responsible for management and administration of the applications, primarily a SQL Based ERP system (Intuitive) to include monitoring, managing, maintenance and performance tuning as well as supporting newly identified projects through involvement during the system inception and design phases.
- Must maintain 100% commitment to safety policies and procedures
- Perform application upgrades as delivered by third party vendors
- Provide server and Network monitoring
- Respond to server related alerts and production problem issues
- Demonstrate troubleshooting and performance tuning of Microsoft Server
- Fulfill requests and resolve incidents within predefined SLAs
- Familiar with server/application troubleshooting with regards to network (firewalls) and security product issues
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience with Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2
- Experience and understanding of Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Experience with implementing security and hardening (groups, roles, privileges, authentication)
- Knowledge of SQL Administration a plus
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT or directly related field preferred
- Over 5+ years of hands-on Windows Server support and administration responsibilities.
- Competitive compensation plan
- Health Benefits: medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability
- 401-k with company match
- Paid time off