5-10 year experience
Proficient with Excel
Procures materials, components, supplies, and equipment at favorable cost, consistent with quality and schedules. Investigates and recommends sources of supply and purchases through contractual arrangements to affect cost savings. Work with Materials Manager on inventory levels and records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Place purchase orders for stock, and non-stock items for sales orders. Handle back-charges and returns.
- Monitor inventory stock and perform cycle counts as well as coordinate annual inventory with Materials Manager.
- Update min/max levels on valves and major components as required.
- Expedite all open orders per a schedule to ensure that purchased product is delivered on time and identify any changes in dates. Regularly update Expediting Master Spreadsheet with current information.
- Process received product-packing lists in the M1 Computer System and deliver completed papers to Accounts Payable to match with AP Invoices.
- Participate in weekly production meetings.
- Evaluate vendors with the Operations Manager or Materials Manager
- Negotiate prices and develop price lists with vendors and source new vendors as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
College degree preferable
Five to ten years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment is ideal and/or related work experience.
Expert in Microsoft Excel and good verbal and written communication skills
As directed by immediate supervisor.
MUST HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
Please email resume to Cynthia@cypresscreekpersonnel.com