Executive Assistant needed for a legal support company
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with the C-Suite. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Executives.
The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, and results-driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive team including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; itineraries, and agendas.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Executive team’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Executive’s time and office.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the Executive team, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President and CEO, with Board members staff, and others, on matters related to CEO’s initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President and or the Executive team, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with Board Members and Senior Management
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending meetings when necessary
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications and partnership development
- Emotionally mature
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Reports to CEO
- Works closely with the C-suite team
- Liaison to all departments including Board and external parties
Please email resume to Cynthia@cypresscreekpersonnel.com