Cypress Creek Personnel is NOW HIRING
$15.00-$18.00hr – depending on experience
Summary of the Role
Responsibilities of the Production Technician will support the production team by assembling parts, operating machinery, bending, punching or sawing of metal products as instructed by supervisors. Maintaining a safe working environment and good housekeeping conditions
- Must maintain 100% commitment to safety policies and procedures. Help create a safety culture and actively engage the workforce in projects that will help reach our journey to zero incidents.
- Operate the CNC laser-cutting machine and other machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators.
- Select and set up lenses based on material type and thickness, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Knowledge about shield gases used during laser cutting operation.
- Monitor fill level of bulk tank system and report reordering levels to the supervisor.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with fast-changing priorities.
- Work with the automated storage system.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Assemble items as instructed by shift leader or floor supervisor.
- Prepare product for shipment.
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually, or using the hoist.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators
- Identification of the appropriate tools and equipment needed to complete the job
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas. Other duties deemed necessary by management.
Skills and Abilities Team player – able to work closely with cross-functional groups
- Good “hands-on” working approach
- Ability to accurately measure using tapes, calipers, micrometers.
- Willing to cross-train and to run a vast majority of the equipment without assistance.
- Reads and interprets manufacturing instructions (job sheet) to produce sheet metal gaskets within specified tolerances.
- Performs first piece inspection using critical measuring devices.
- operates all of the equipment needed to manufacture and assemble heat exchanger/sheet metal / DJ gaskets.
- Works at an efficient pace at or above standard rates of production.
- Rotates on call for call outs.
- Ability to interface effectively with peers and managers.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
- requires excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- The ability to interact effectively with all employees.
- Solid background working with sheet metal.
- Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
- Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper, and Brass.
- must have a mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn about how our products are produced on equipment.
- Experience with making sheet metal gaskets considered a plus.
- A demonstrated record of good attendance, attention to detail, and safety
Please email resume to Cynthia@cypresscreekpersonnel.com