Must meet ALL requirements
Pay will be based on experience
Leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Billing Manager to join the Finance Department in Houston, TX. The department offers the opportunity for a billing professional to join an innovative and collaborative team focused on supporting the billing-related needs of the firm’s attorneys. The Billing Manager will work closely with the Finance team and will report to the Billing Manager in Atlanta.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in company’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plans, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan, on-site gym access, discount programs, a subsidized backup childcare program, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the billing analysts in the Houston, TX office, which includes but is not limited to providing mentoring, training, and ongoing feedback, conducting annual performance evaluations, managing and balancing billing workloads, and overseeing schedules and overtime of direct reports;
- Participate in interviews and training for new billing staff;
- Liaise between attorneys and billing staff as necessary to ensure strong working relationships between partners, administrative support staff, and the Finance Department and billing team;
- Manage the unbilled and accounts receivable balances for a limited, assigned group of lawyers/clients;
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of client billing and payment terms, discount arrangements, as well as lawyer and client preferences to ensure that bills are issued in a timely and accurate manner and that client and lawyer preferences are appropriately considered;
- Make recommendations for write-offs of aged or disputed balances where appropriate;
- Make recommendations to management on strategies for improving internal processes that maximize productivity and quality of work;
- Work with the Atlanta Billing Manager to develop standard processes and procedures for all phases of the billing cycle; maintain current documentation of such procedures;
- Work on special projects as needed.
Successful candidates must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills as well as excellent verbal, written, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Candidates must be proficient in Aderant and an industry standard collection software tool as well as Microsoft Office. Candidates must be familiar with advanced Microsoft Excel features such as pivot tables, charts, graphs, and formulas. Candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance; a minimum of five (5) years of experience supervising all or a portion of the billing function in a professional services environment is required.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 20 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
(Company) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.
Please email resume to Cynthia@cypresscreekpersonnel.com